Once you’ve decided to dive-in to the beard-growing process, you might find yourself asking what can I do to stimulate beard growth? The truth is, beard growth differs from man to man, based upon a variety of factors.
The Science of Beard Growth
Growing facial hair is a natural occurrence for most men, just like anywhere else on your body. The natural condition of hair varies between individuals. Whether your hair is thick and coarse, or thin and sparse, depends greatly on your genetics (thanks, Dad). How long it takes you to grow a “proper” beard also hangs on what your genes describe. Within a month, an average person’s hair will grow 1.25 centimetres, or 0.5 inches. If you want a more in-depth description on the science of hair growth, there are three specific phases to watch for when growing your beard:
Anagen: The first phase in the beard-growth process is known as the anagen phase, where actual hair growth takes place.
Catagen: Beard hair stops growing during the catagen phase, and is completely dormant until the start of the final phase.
Telogen: The final phase of beard development, known as the telogen phase, is the beginning of new hair growth. New hair appears, and this emergence of new hair causes existing hair to be pushed out of the way (or shed), increasing overall thickness.
Of course, the length of each phase differs from man to man, and these phases may not occur simultaneously throughout the entire beard.
We get a lot of questions around our Beard Oils and if they will make your facial hair grow faster. It’s a well-known fact that the rate of hair growth varies depending on the individual. Although how fast facial hair grows in greatly dependent on your genes, overall physical and mental health will aid the growth process. Limit stress, eat healthy foods rich in vitamins and minerals, and cleanse your body of excess toxins. If you have difficulty growing a beard or you want your beard to grow faster, we recommend the use of our Rosemary and Bourbon Beard Oil because Rosemary helps to accelerate the growth of hair from the root.
Its main benefits are:
- Rosemary essential oil stimulates beard growth and is 100% natural.
- In addition to stimulating hair growth, rosemary oil also slows the aging of facial hair and conditions preventing dandruff on the beard.
- Rosemary can reduce the dreaded beard itch.
- Rosemary oil is absorbed quickly and does not feel greasy.
How to apply rosemary and bourbon beard oil
To improve the absorption of oil in the skin and beard, we recommend following these three steps:
- First, we recommend showering to clean the face and beard using our Beard Shampoo. Do not use regular shampoo, which can strip your beard of its natural oils and leave you with a dry and itchy face.
- After showering, simply towel dry your beard.
- Then apply our Rosemary and Bourbon Beard Oil to your fingertips and gently massage into your beard. Ensuring you massage in circles, reaching the root of the hair and skin under the beard. Reaching the skin will provide hydration to the epidermis and the follicles.